Theme>> THE BEST of CHIANG RAI
Entries open from December 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013
Final results announcement on March 15, 2013
This photo contest is organized with the sole objective of promoting the tourism, arts and culture of Chiang Rai.
Theme: THE BEST of CHIANG RAI
Focus on all the best things Chiang Rai has to offer to visitors –
- Lanna arts and cultural heritage
- pristine natural beauty
- wonderful places of interest, natural or man-made
- lush gardens and national parks
- flora and fauna
- unique traditional architecture
- extraordinary resorts and sanctuaries
Entries: Entries are accepted from December 1, 2012 to February 28, 2013
Announcement of winners: March 15, 2013
Exhibition of work: April 2013 to August 2013 in Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and Bangkok
Knowledge Media Group, Thailand
In cooperation with:
Chiang Rai Provincial Office of Tourism & Sports www.cots.go.th
PATA Chiang Rai chapter www.pata-chiangrai-
Travel Trade Report/TTR Weekly www.ttrweekly.com
Jaffee Yee> publisher, curator, art consultant
This photo contest was conceived and is being organized by Jaffee Yee, an award-winning, veteran publisher, art curator and consultant, specializing in the fields of art, photography and travel.
Panel of Judges:
A group of eminent Thai and international professional photographers and artists will be invited to be members of the panel of judges for the works entered. Their decision will be final.
Awards and Prizes:
There will be a dozen generous prizes. Depending on the level of sponsorship obtained, a number of secondary prizes will also be awarded for works failing to win the top prizes but are accepted for exhibition and publication. Details of prizes will be announced upon finalization of sponsorships. All winning entries will be awarded a “Certificate of Excellence” indicating the prizes won. The announcement of prizewinners will be made through local and partner media and on the contest website. Prizewinners will also be notified by email, or telephone. All prizes must be claimed within 30 days after notification and winners are responsible for VAT or any local government taxes incurred (if applicable).
1st Prize: Baht10,000 + non-cash items
2nd Prize: Baht5,000 + non-cash items
3rd Prize: Baht3,000 + non-cash items
Honorable Awards: 9 prizes (non-cash items)
+ Non-cash prizes are domestic air-tickets, hotel room nights, spa visits, restaurant
vouchers, cameras and gadgets, etc.
Spin-off Benefits for Participants:
Besides the top prizes offered for the contest, all winning entries and other selected works will be exhibited in the contest website’s online photo gallery for the benefit of a world-wide audience. Traveling exhibitions are expected between April 2013 and August 2013 in Chiang Rai, Chiang Mai and Bangkok.
Selected images from the winning entries may appear in a revised edition of the book The BEST of CHIANG RAI or other new publications.
This event will be widely publicized through local and international print and online media. Pre-launch and after-launch promotion activities may include:
- Press conferences/press releases
- Media partner ads
- Distributions of entry forms
- Write ups/interviews
- Editorials featuring winning entries
- Workshops/panel discussions
- Exhibitions/ book launching
*All sponsors are invited to be partners in all promotional activities.
Guidelines for Participants:
This contest is open to all Thai nationals and expatriates residing in Thailand, regardless of age, gender, profession, and nationality. Entry is absolutely free.
- All entries must be submitted online and accompanied by an entry form providing all relevant details and contacts. Entry forms can be filled and submitted online at: www.KnowledgeMediaGroup.com/photocontest
- All entries must conform to the theme of the contest.
- Works can be in black and white or in color and taken within the last 12 months efore the closing date of February 2013 or after March 1, 2012.
- We accept film and digital work. Film must be scanned and converted to digital files in jpeg or tiff files.
- Work can be digitally enhanced but not altered.
- A short caption in English or Thai indicating the location for each image entered is required.
- Each participant may enter only up to a maximum of 10 images.
- All entries must be uploaded to the contest website or:
- Upload images onto either a free “Flicks” <www.flickr.com> or “Yousendit” site <www.yousendit.com > and provide us the link or inform us of the URL. Send fill-out entry form separately via email.
- Send both images and entry form via email to: contest@KnowledgeMediaGroup.com
Winners will be notified within 72 hours after the results of the judging are announced.
All winners must send the winning images in CDs/DVDs in tiff files only in high resolution of a minimum
of 300dpi within 14 days by registered airmail or courier to the organizers to facilitate print processing
for exhibitions and other promotion. CDs/DVDs will not be returned. Failure to send images will result in disqualification.
Terms and Conditions:
By participating, all contestants will fully agree to comply with the terms and
conditions of this contest as follows:
- All copyrights remain the property of the photographers.
- All participating photographers agree that the organizers reserve the right touse the images on any website and in any print media publicity and promotion without prior notice or consent.
- There will be no payment for the use of the images for promotion and publication in print and online or in any catalog or book.
- Submitted entries must be from the original photographer owning copyright to the images submitted.
- All photos entered in the contest are guaranteed by the contestant to be original works that have never been copyrighted. Alternately, the contestant retains the copyrights in case of copyrighted work.
- The organizers will be indemnified against any third party’s claim to the copyright of the works submitted or any other disputes arising from the issues of copyright.
- The organizers reserve the right to reject any images entered in the contest or refuse to accept any entries deemed inappropriate and irrelevant to the theme and objective of this contest or for any other reasons. The decision of the organizers is final. And no acknowledgement of receipt of entries will be made.
- Entries received after the closing date will not be considered for judging.